Universal Loving Tranceformationists
- We believe in a personal connection with the real or imagined divine via ecstatic trance.
- We believe in the loving personal transformative power of active ecstatic trance for introspective and other purposes as well as the benefit of psychologically manifested psychedelic experience as well as the fostering of regular personal ecstatic trance practice.
- We believe in the practice of seidr or other trance based methods is to be encouraged and that the voice of the divine is to be cultivated, albeit our sense of prophet is more typically that of a personal relationship rather than as an authoritarian one..
- We believe in the golden rule and the golden mean and the golden principles . . . do unto others as you would have them do unto you and don’t do to others what you would not want them to do to you.
- We believe that one should be free to act and behave as one wishes as long as none are harmed via one’s acts or beliefs or that one does not advocate such harm and one’s interactions with others are based upon loving informed consent . . . and hurt none, do what thou will and safe, sane, and consensual.
- We believe in the freedom of religious expression. Every individual should be encouraged to develop their own personal theology based upon direct ecstatic connection with the divine, and to present openly their religious opinions without fear of censure or reprisal.
- We believe in the toleration of religious ideas that are progressive and tolerant and accepting and based upon values of open acceptance and value of the human experience framed within loving connection with the divine. Many religions, in every age and culture, not only possess an intrinsic merit, but also a potential value for those who have learned the art of listening.
- We believe in the authority of reason and conscience. The ultimate arbiter in religion is not a church, or a document, or an official, but the personal choice and decision of the individual.
- We believe in the never-ending search for truth. If the mind and heart are truly free and open, the revelations which appear to the human spirit are infinitely numerous, eternally fruitful, and wondrously exciting.
- We believe in the unity of experience. There is no fundamental conflict between faith and knowledge, religion and the world, the sacred and the secular, science and spirit, quantum physics and metaphysics, since they all have their source in the same reality.
- We believe in the worth and dignity of each human being. All people on earth have an equal claim to life, liberty, and justice – no idea, ideal, or philosophy is superior to a single human life.
- We believe in the ethical application of religion. Good works are the natural product of good faith, the evidence of an inner grace which finds completion in the social and community involvement.
- We believe in the motive force of love. The governing principle in human relationships is the principle of love, which always seeks the welfare of others and never seeks to hurt or destroy.
- We believe in the importance of a religious community. The validation of experience requires the confirmation of peers, who provide a critical platform along with a network of mutual support.